Thursday 3 July 2008

A BREWING STORM


I have started taking pictures with my NikonD80, which I bought last year but barely had a chance to use.

A couple months ago, I was chilling in some beach, and took some pictures. The picture I am posting now was taken in the late evening, almost at dusk (my favorite time to shoot or take photos). I saw some clouds forming into this interesting shape, and quickly snapped a few shots. This "formation" lasted for about 10 minutes before dissipating and then it started to rain.

This picture is a digital composite of roughly 5-6 pictures. CLICK on the picture to view the full size (though I have heavily compressed it).

I am doing a series of these "staged" photographs in the coming months. It's quite fun. It's like making a short film, but instead of shooting video, you take pictures.

MJ