Wednesday 4 June 2008

June 5th, 2am musings

Well, today the price of petrol goes up by 40%. Never great news when that happens. I tried to get my cars filled up but only managed to get one- I guess everyone in the Klang Valley wants to get that last "cheap" tank of gas...

I guess right now the ol' saying "everything goes up, but the budget/your salary stays the same" is on a lot of people's minds... time to tighten that belt again...

I suppose no one's in a great mood right now, or for the next few days, or ever. Nah.

BUT I'll try to stay upbeat, and as we move forward, I do have interesting news. ONE- a short film compilation of mine, called THE FOUR, will come out next month! It's being distributed by Da Huang pictures and right now I'm giving you a sneak peak at the art work. And yes, there are FOUR short films in the compilation.


Outside of that, I'm thinking, wow it's been like almost 10 years since I said to myself, "I think I want to be a filmmaker, for real." Well, about 9 years ago. The turning point was in late 1998 when I was working a desk job, and one day I just woke up and thought, screw it. I'm just going to quit, go back to school, and try to become a filmmaker. Of course I really didn't know what that meant or where I saw myself 10 years later, or whatever... I never really thought about how to make it into a career... to be honest, I'm still trying to figure that out.. haha...

Anyway I guess I'm pretty impulsive, like how I quit my teaching job in MMU (Multimedia University). I woke up one Monday morning, after having a dream I no longer recall- and I just suddenly had the urge to quit. I went to work that afternoon, and talked to my boss, and that was that. Easy peasy. Sure I'd thought about quitting many times before, but I think about quitting filmmaking many times too, but that hasn't happened - yet.

Anyway I'm rambling. So yeah, I guess I have some storyboards to do (for this tv movie I'm shooting in a couple weeks) but instead of doing that I'm writing on this blog... that's one of my other talents, procrastinating. But every Malaysian is talented in that.


MJ